Excerpts from “God’s Promises are For You”
What is Your Heart?
Acts 13:22 …I have found David the son of Jesse to be a man after My own heart, who shall fulfill all My will.
Can you believe it? God said that David had a heart like His. David, a man who committed adultery and murder – a man after God’s own heart. How can this be? Let’s look at the Psalms and get a picture of David’s character:
- He called upon God in times of trouble – Psalm 17.
- He gave thanks for God’s blessing – Psalms 18, 21.
- He repents for sins committed – Psalms 32, 38, 51.
- He thirsts for God – Psalms 42.
- He encourages the praise of God – Psalms 92, 95, 96.
- He glorifies God – Psalms 105.
- He professes his love to God – Psalms 116.
Now can you see why God calls David a man after his own heart. David’s character, who he was, demonstrated that he included God in a lot of his life.
In this book, we determine that our heart is our feelings, emotions, conscience, desires, will, character, and personality. This opens up our understanding of how we are put together as human beings in a marvelous way.
Organization: R. G. Ministries